It was the 10 year anniversary of my first day of going Self Employed.
10 years ago I escaped the corporate rat race and embarked on a quest to design life, work, success and freedom on my own terms.
There have been many lessons that I have learnt along the way. Here are just a few of them:
Top 10 Lessons from 10 years being Self Employed
1. It is vital to create your own definition of success based on your core values to live and work on your own terms.
2. The path to business success & the ideal life isn’t linear. Accepting this is essential.
3. Not everyone works from the same level of integrity, standards and ethics. Be careful who you let into your space.
4. You can’t be firing on all cylinders 100% of the time. Be kind to yourself if you lose your mojo sometimes. Beating yourself up serves no purpose.
5. Mindset dictates your results in all areas of your life. Being committed to learning how to improve it is a no brainer.
6. When the brown stuff hits the fan, there is always an opportunity lurking in there somewhere.
7. Being a Lone Ranger is a recipe for disaster. It is important to build a support team of like minded people who share the same values.
8. Working with GOOD QUALITY mentors & coaches speeds up progress and results.
9. Having a clear vision of where you want your business AND life to go is key to guide your actions and avoid wasting time on stuff that doesn’t move you forward.
10. Relationships are the life blood of the Self Employed and a fulfilling life.
I am not going to give you a load of BS about how the last 10 years have been a breeze. Because it hasn’t. There have been ups and downs, challenges to overcome and some whopping mistakes!
But through all of that, it has all been totally worth it because:
The freedom of living and working on your own terms, by your own definition of success, is priceless.
As I finish reflecting on the lessons of the last 10 years and look towards what I intend to create in my business and life moving forward, I invite you to join me in making a commitment to yourself to grab the unlimited potential being Self Employed offers.
Make a commitment to design your ideal life and business and start taking steps to turn it into reality.
You up for it?