It isn’t something I normally do, but this year I have decided to have one.
My theme for this year is:
Stepping Up and Being Bold
The reason this theme is so apt is because my husband and I have been on a mission since we left the Corporate world back in 2001 to create our ideal work life, family life and lifestyle on our own terms.
This year we are going to be taking this to the next level so we are going to need to Step Up and Be Bold in a big way.
Just sitting back and cruising along in what we have created thus far wouldn’t be enough to make the new stuff we want to have happen become reality.
Let me share with you a couple of examples of where I will Step Up and Be Bold this year:
- By implementing a new business model that will be the foundation of the business providing a passive income and ensure the business serves us in living the life we really want for the long term.
- Building further the foundations of a location independent lifestyle and a new financial independence strategy that gives us true freedom in all areas of our life.
Change won’t happen in the safety, security and comfort of what we have already created.
We have to do new stuff. Things we have never done before. Even things that scare us. But as the saying goes:
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got
Setting this theme for myself for this year has reminded me that to eradicate mediocrity and create our ideal work life, family life and lifestyle we are ALWAYS going to have to Step Up and Be Bold.
It needs to become a way of being, not just a one off theme.
So, with that in mind, I would like to invite you to take a few minutes out and consider these questions:
- What areas of your work life, family life and lifestyle do you need to Step Up and Be Bold in this year?
- What will it cost you if you don’t? (and I don’t mean financially!)
- What are the possibilities and potential if you do?
- Is that something worth shooting for?
- What action are you going to take to step up, be bold, eradicate mediocrity and design how you want things to really be in all areas of your life?
Once you have had a think about these questions, please share your thoughts and insights in the comments section below.