Are you reaching the targets you have set each month?
Are your action plans linked to how your goals are progressing?
Are you measuring and reviewing your results regularly?
Why is this Important?
It’s important because if you don’t focus on these areas you are in danger of not being on track to create the results you really want for your self. Measuring performance on a regular basis is a critical part of keeping on track and creating success on your own terms.
All business owners should be holding regular business & lifestyle review meetings.
If not, here are some things to do right now:
Planning, Review and Strategy Meetings
- Open your diary.
- Put a date and a time in your diary for every month of the year for a strategy review.
- Set an agenda for them – include things such as business model, lifestyle, strategic plans, goals and action plans.
- At every monthly meeting review in detail how every area of your business and life is performing.
- Ask yourself “am I on track to achieve what I want in the next month and for the rest of the year?”
- If yes, check your action plans are water tight for moving forward
- If no, what do you need to put in place NOW to get back on track?
- Set targets for every area of the business and lifestyle
- Hold your meetings away from your home office where you can’t be disturbed or distracted.
These meetings are essential because they are the steering wheel of your business and designing life on your own terms. Used and applied correctly they will get you to where you want to be.
Tip: always include your lifestyle goals in these meetings so that you can ensure your business is supporting living the life you want. Many people make the mistake of looking at business and lifestyle in isolation. There is a time and place for that, but in your review meetings look at them together.
Don’t put it off. Action this now.