Otherwise, you could well be very busy, but it isn’t necessarily on the things that are moving you forward to where you really want to be.
But how do you get on the right track?
And how can you be sure the track you have chosen is the right one for you?
Well, here’s where to start:
Start with a crystal clear vision of what you want to create first
Unless you have clearly defined exactly where you are heading you can’t get on track to get there.
Think about this for a minute:
- When you set goals and action plans, what are they linked to?
- Are they just goals you have plucked out of the air because you know you should be setting goals?
- Are they goals based just on the noise and overwhelm that is going on in your life and business?
- Or are they carefully and strategically selected goals because you have identified that they will deliver the vision and results you really want for yourself.
Do you see where I am coming from with this?
Unless you have a clear vision of what you want to create you can’t create goals and actions to achieve the results you really want.
So that is your starting point right there:
Get crystal clear on what your vision is first.
But even if you have created your vision, how can you be sure that it is leading you down the right path for you?
Well, there are two things you can do to make sure your vision is taking you down the right path:
1. Get clear on what your core values are
If you are clear on what the values are that you want to orientate your life and business around, you can check your vision will deliver on those values. That way you will know the direction you are heading is the right track for you.
2. Create a your own unique definition of success
Unless you have carved out a definition of success that is uniquely your own and based on your core values, you are living and working by accident and just hoping it all turns out OK. And it is all too easy to get sucked into chasing someone else’s definition of success.
And that is a hell of a gamble to take with your life and business.
So, before you go any further on the path you are on with your life and business, take some time to make sure your vision, values and success definition are crystal clear and aligned.
Those are the three essential elements to get you on the right track and be sure it is the right path for you.