It’s like some sort of epidemic.
The “Busy” Epidemic
- People are working very hard, long hours in their work because they are busy.
- People don’t have time or to nurture important relationships because they are busy.
- People don’t have the quality of life they would like because they are exhausted from being busy!
Where is being busy getting you?
If everyone is so busy, surely you would expect that people are experiencing phenomenal success in their life and work.
But here is the thing:
Many people aren’t.
Being busy doesn’t equate to producing results.
Often being busy is actually just being in fire fighting mode. Busy often has no strategy or structure to it. It often isn’t linked to vision, goals and action plans.
And when that happens you are just running in circles. You might be busy, but you aren’t productive or effective.
So, take a step back and look at the way you operate in your life work and relationships.
Are you busy or are you productive?
If you think you pretty much fall into the “busy” gang most of the time, it’s time to make some changes. It’s time to shift yourself into the “productive” gang.
For some tips on improving your productivity check out 10 Tips to Improve Productivity
If you are thinking this isn’t such a big deal and being permanently busy is OK, then keep this in mind:
Those people who are most successful in any area of life are productive more than they are busy.
So, over the next few days just observe yourself and your busyness.
- Where is it getting you?
- How does it make you feel?
- Is it achieving the results you want for yourself in your life, work and relationships?
Each day ask yourself “Am I being busy or Productive”
Make a pact with yourself to reduce busyness and increase productivity.
Do you get caught in the “busy” trap? What’s your view on the impact of being permanently busy versus productive? Share your views in the comments below.
- 10 Tips to Improve Productivity
- Time Management – the REAL reason you don’t have enough time
- The Problem with Time Management