Why I do this – My Philosophy
- Your life & business won’t design itself. You have to design it. Many people live their whole life by accident or by someone elses definition of success. They conform to the status quo even though it leaves them feeling unfulfilled. If you don’t design your life, you are leaving it to chance. And that is a hell of a gamble to take with your one and only life.
- Working for yourself is the key to freedom. Yet many business owners feel like slaves to their business. The solution isn’t chasing the outdated and flawed concept of work life balance. It is about designing your life and re-defining your business to serve you better.
- Creating lasting change is driven by being committed to improving your own personal effectiveness and developing yourself. You have to be willing to change yourself to change your results.
- Creating your own definition of success based on your core values is the key to fulfillment and living and working on your own terms.
- Business should serve individuals, families and communties. Yes, it is about earning money. We all want to earn a decent living. But the purpose of business should also be to serve, protect and add to the quality of life.
Life is too short to settle for mediocrity
My Business Background
Prior to becoming Self Employed in 2001, I spent 14 years in large corporate organisations (including Coca Cola and Pepsi UK distributors)
During this time I managed numerous change management programmes, implemented and managed major projects to transform operational effectiveness, managed teams to maximise performance, achieve goals and improve results.
I qualified as a Business and Personal Development Coach in 2003 after graduating Coach Inc’s two year Coach Training Programme.
Our pact stemmed from a growing dissatisfaction with many areas of our life. Conforming to the status quo and other people’s definition of success was costing us the life we really wanted. Life felt mediocre – at best.
So we set out to eradicate mediocrity and design life based on our own definition of success and core values. This started a journey of creating change in every area of our lives.
We both escaped corporate careers to do work that gave us freedom to live and work on our own terms. We moved countries – twice! – from the UK to Ireland in 2006 and from Ireland to Vancouver, Canada (March 2013). We have re-designed other important areas of life and business that contribute to a meaningful, fulfilling life.
Over the last twelve years, living and working by design has become a way of life, reaping benefits by the bucket load. We now live and work on our own terms (with our son) based on our own definition of success and what is most important to us.
To learn how I can help you achieve your most important goals in your life and business, click here.
To get free tips on how to create change in your life and business, sign up in the box below.